We are currently working on scheduling the courses for the next session. Please check back soon or contact the office.
Welcome - Bonjour - Fáilte
IMPORTANT MAY/JUNE 2019 UPDATE
I have been presented with last minute unforeseen issues which will impact my availability for the end of May and into June, 2019.
• Both the Swing and Latin 6 week courses initially scheduled to start on Tuesday, May 21 at 6:30PM have been postponed. All registered participants will be contacted directly about the various options. Unfortunately simply delaying the start date conflicts with summer closures.
• Students with existing private lessons that required rescheduling will be notified directly.
• There is no availability for new Private Lessons with the current schedule until the autumn of 2019 in the earliest. However I am trying to accommodate students with access to alternative locations and availability as much as my schedule allows.
• The studios1.ca website is back online - by request - but registration is closed until the well need mainanenc is completed later in the summer.
• I have been asked to host the #danceHamOnt event during Hamilton Arts Week please follow the link for details.
I apologize for the inconvenience these changes may have caused and greatly appreciate everyone's patience as I try to resolve the issues. If you have any questions please contact me!
Gabby - June 2, 2019
Check out our latest Course Calendar. Now celebrating our 23nd year of classes we continue to share our love of dance — which we believe is a celebration of joy — through our Swing Dance and Latin Dance Courses in beautiful Downtown Hamilton, Ontario.
Known for our engaging and comprehensive approach to teaching, we have had so much fun sharing our passion of dance with literally tens of thousands of students, children to seniors, across Canada - we can't wait to share it with you! All the dance and fitness pictures here are us or our students, all the things we say here and in class are our words as we value integrity and authenticity while we develop a kinship with our devoted students regardless of their skill level or the mythical two-left-feet syndrome. Frankly, you join our courses to have fun, so enough chatting come dance with us!
studios1.ca was Initially created as an information centre for all the Swing Dance and Latin Dance Courses and Workshop details offered by Canadian choreographer Gabreïl Spiegelschrift. Since then studios1.ca has expanded its dance and fitness faculty to include leading dance, pilates and yoga instructors and associate artisans over the years as it has migrated to various cities including Montréal, Guelph and Toronto. More details of the 23 year journey.
NOTE: As a reminder we no longer manage regular scheduled classes in Montréal, Toronto or Guelph.
There has been a temporary venue change for January to the Ed Studio at the Hamilton Conservatory for the Arts at 126 James Street South. Class start times have been altered slightly to accomodate the HCA schedule.
Winter 2019 Registration is open!
Winter 2018 Registration is open – Happy Holidays!
As you may know Gabby has been very busy with Rust City Brewery. Now that things are settling down there's some exciting changes for the Social Dance Classes for Autumn 2017:
- Classes have moved to Tuesday Evenings!
- Each style ...